My husband and I lately started eating oatmeal in the morning with some hemp seeds and honey over the top, and it hits the spot every time! But lately I’ve been on the lookout for other unique breakfast snacks! And accidentally landed on these amazingly delicious Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cups! It is literally like baked oatmeal in individual serving sizes! It has a soft, chewy texture and loaded with your favorite fruit(s)! In my case, I used apples. Plus, these oatmeal cups make a super easy breakfast to take on the go!
I revised this recipe to make it as healthy as it possibly can be! Its not just sugar-free, but egg-free, dairy-free, and gluten-free! How simple can you get?! It’s a light weight snack for breakfast, midday, or even can serve as a midnight snack:)
1. Gather all of your ingredients together and preheat oven to 350 F. Oil down a 12-count muffin pan and set aside. Make your flax eggs and let it sit to thicken up a bit until ready to use.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until well combined.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, flax eggs, honey, and vanilla extract until fully combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
5. Add the chopped apple and gently mix it in.
6. Evenly distribute the mixture in you muffin pan, if you have extra chopped apples, you can sprinkle some more on top. Bake at 350 F. for 25-27 minutes. Or until the tops of the oatmeal cups are lightly golden brown and firm.
7. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes, the transfer them onto a cooling rack.
8. Instagram your creations with @emily_kovalev!
9. Enjoy with a freshly brewed coffee. Perfect morning breakfast pick-me-up!
*** To make this recipe sugar-free, I used Honey to add some additional sweetness. You can also use maple syrup or any other liquid sweetener. Just know that the calories and sugars may differ slightly than from this recipe. Check out my sugar blog post for more info.
*** Apples are an excellent fruit for this recipe! You can also use pears, bananas, strawberries or even blueberries.