Getting married, I never would have thought that I’d have to bake healthy! In my mind, I thought that it’s impossible to bake without sugar! Like, tell me I wasn’t the only one who thought that if it’s healthy, it means it’s not good.
A few nights ago, I decided to be brave and try to make black bean muffins after hearing a few people talk about them. And to my surprise, they are simply divine! And two things I adore about these muffins, is that it’s sugar-free and gluten-free. So without further ado, because who likes reading long introductions, right? Let’s get on to the real deal!
1. You’ll start by preheating the oven to 350 F. And line a muffin tin with paper liners. Or silicone liners if you’d like.
2. Measure and get all of your ingredients together.
3. Dump all of your ingredients into your food processor, except the chocolate chips, and blend until smooth.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared muffin tin by filling each muffin cup almost to the top. Drop several chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
5. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes depending on your oven, or until the toothpick comes out relatively clean.
6. Take out the ready muffins onto a cooling rack, almost immediately after they come out of the oven***.
7. Let it cool slightly and enjoy!!
***In this recipe, I used sour cream, but if you’d like, you can definitely use greek yogurt instead.
***As I mentioned in one of my other recipes, since my husband and I (mostly my husband lol) like to watch out for sugar, I buy sugar-free chocolate chips at publix, or you can order them on Amazon by clicking here.
***I like to take out my muffins out of the tin immediately because since they’re still very hot, they get very moisty and wet. The condensation builds up and it becomes very unpleasant. I don’t like that, so I prefer to let them cool off on the cooling rack as soon as they’re out of the oven.