This might as well be an easy Vegan Whipped Cream recipe! Because not only is it just stunning, it doesn't use any coconut! This may be the healthiest and the most fluffiest whipped topping on the planet. All you need is 5 minutes of your time!
This recipe is simply magical. Who knew that you could make dairy-free whipped cream without using coconut, right? If you're not familiar with coconut whipped cream, it's basically refrigerated coconut milk or cream that you whip up to create a dairy-free whipped topping alternative.
It may not sound too hard, but finding the perfect coconut milk or cream brand that won't turn into a liquidy mess is definitely a challenge. So let me introduce to you another great substitute. And believe me, I never knew that aquafaba liquid could turn into something so magical as this.
You're probably asking if this is for real. I mean, how can Bean Water with no fat, turn into something like cream?! I was pretty skeptical myself, but it works! And honestly, tastes pretty good!
Unlike coconut whipped cream, this recipe is actually really light and fluffy. It's so much more consistent, and gives you an amazing result.
It's perfectly sweetened, but you can add more or less sugar, depending on how sweet you want it. It's also probably more healthier compared to regular whipped cream or coconut based ones.
1. Making it, is pretty simple too. First, drain the liquid from a can of chickpeas into a large bowl. Reserve the chickpeas for another recipe, like Chickpea Cookie Dough or Chickpea Soup.
2. Add about 1/4 tsp cream of tartar to the liquid, and begin to beat it with a hand mixer.
3. Once it begins to foam up, increase the speed to high, and beat until stiff peaks. Yours may take longer if you decided not to use cream of tartar. But it shouldn't take all that long, maybe 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Add in your powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Beat for another minute until fully incorporated and fluffy and smooth.
5. That's it! Though you start off with about 1/2 cup of liquid, you will end up with double the portion! At least 3 cups or more!
Aquafaba based whipped cream is best served immediately, otherwise, it will become runny again. If you put it into the refrigerator, it will quickly lose it's fluffy whip like quality, but it holds up amazing in the freezer.
Straight from the freezer will definitely look like cool whip. Pretty Delicious!
Store in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 6 months. Or use it immediately with some strawberries, iced drinks, or smoothies.
I wouldn't frost anything with it, since it does tend to lose it's shape if left out for too long, But I do have some incredible recipes you could top this with!