This is a classic campfire twist. With traditional S'more flavor, this puppy chow, or muddy buddies as we call it, has marshmallows, graham crackers, and tons of chocolate flavors all mixed in, creating a chocolatey, peanut buttery cereal treat! Beware, it's addicting!
Muddy Buddies for the Win
Everyone loves a huge bowl of Muddy Buddies. And I mean, HUGE. It's now nearing the chilly Autumn months, and this recipe will probably become the most frequently asked thing in my home! It's portable, fast, and ridiculously easy to make! Get ready to my latest sweet snack obsession, because I'm not going back! This S'mores Muddy Buddies, and yes, adding s'mores into the mix is a VERY good thing, will be the best thing you've ever ate!
This is the perfect snack to bring to a potluck, party, camping trip, bonfire, road trips, movie nights, or just because! Plus, the kids love it. A big handful of this is always a good idea:)
To make this the perfect gift giving or snack idea, we start with the ingredients.
- Rice Chex Cereal. Corn Chex is good as well, but my personal favorite is Rice Chex.
- Powdered Sugar. Probably the second to main ingredient in this recipe. And the most important!
- Chocolate Chips. I used semi sweet chocolate chips, but milk chocolate works just as well.
- Peanut Butter. Use Creamy Peanut Butter. I used Almond Butter with no additives. It's both creamy and healthier.
- Butter. I used unsalted. But you can use salted for that extra little bit saltiness.
- Vanilla Extract. Vanilla is honestly the secret weapon in a lot of recipes. It gives anything a little vanilla flavor and it smells amazing!
Fun Mix in's!
- Golden Grahams Cereal. To add those graham crackers in. Or just use some plain Chex Cereal.
- Hershey's Chocolate Bars. My favorite part of any s'mores dessert!
- Mini Marshmallows. And of course, can't forget the marshmallows.
How To Store
You can keep this snack out on the counter for up to two weeks, just be sure to put them in an airtight container. If it's warm inside your house, it might be better to refrigerate it so the chocolate doesn't melt.
Fun fact, freeze them! They are seriously delicious when frozen! Put it in the freezer for up to a month. Keep a stash there for those emergency moments for a quick sugar fix. But as I've warned you before, this is not just a no bake treat, but it's also addicting! Trust me, the first time I had these, I believe I ate it all in one sitting (totally not sorry.) This never last long at my house, aka - I'm the culprit haha.
More No Bake Desserts
- 3 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 full Size Hershey's Bar or Chocolate Chips, optional - for garnish
- Mini Marshmallows
- Place chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter, in a medium bowl and melt over the stove or in the microwave. Once melted, stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour Rice Chex cereal into a large bowl, add the chocolate peanut butter and gently mix until evenly coated. Pour into a large ziplock bag, add the powdered sugar. Seal the bag, and shake until cereal is completely coated.
- Pour cereal into a clean large bowl, add chocolate chunks and marshmallows, and serve!