This one pan Thai Chicken Coconut curry is so easy and very fast to make! By far the easiest meal prep you can find! Finish the dish off by cooking up some rice or veggies, and you got yourself a budget, dairy-free, gluten-free, and low carb chicken dinner!
Whats in this Thai Chicken Coconut Curry
To make this recipe even more simple, it only requires 6 ingredients! You probably already have most of this in your fridge or pantry.
- Chicken Breasts. You could use any chicken you have on hand.
- Yellow Curry Powder. You can also use curry paste!
- Full Fat Coconut Cream. Coconut milk works as well.
- Lemon Juice. You can also use Lime juice for a more zesty(ier) taste.
- Olive Oil.
- Black Pepper.
How To Make Coconut Curry Chicken
Begin by marinating your chicken with a dry rub. In a bowl, combine your chicken and curry powder, add a generous pinch of salt, and let that sit for 10 minutes or so. For the chicken to marinate evenly.
Heat you skillet, and in two batches, cook your chicken. Don't overcrowd the pan. This will prevent your pan from cooling off too quickly. Once the chicken is half done remove it from the pan.
In the same pan, after the chicken, add in your curry powder with a little bit of oil. This will release those natural oils in the curry resulting in a more flavorful curry. After about 3 seconds, add in your coconut cream. Place your chicken back into the pan, and allow that to continue to cook for 3 minutes.
Add in your lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, and take off heat. Enjoy!
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
- 2 Large Chicken Breasts
- 3 tbsp Yellow Curry Powder
- 2 cups Full Fat Coconut Cream
- Lemon Juice - 1 lemon
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Cut your raw chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes. Season with salt, pepper, and 2 tbsp of curry powder. Let it sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
- In a skillet with 2 tsp oil, add half of the chicken and cook for 3 minutes on both sides, or until nicely golden brown. Remove first batch, and cook the second batch. Remove chicken from the skillet, and set aside.
- Turn the heat to medium-low. Add 2 tsp of oil, along with 1 tbsp of curry powder. Stir well, making sure the curry doesn't burn. Cook for 1 minute to bloom. Immediately add in your coconut cream. Stir well. Raise heat and season the cream with salt and pepper. Add in your chicken and close the skillet with a lid. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Take lid off and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add in your lemon juice, take off heat and set aside
- Serve with rice or pasta.