These White Almond Cookies are a breeze to make. And they're packed with amazing fall flavors! The browned butter takes this to a whole new level. Each bite will greet you with a sweet and chewy delight. You'll no doubt want to make these over and over again.
Baking is one of my favorite things to do. *ahem* When I'm not being tugged on or cuddled with an adorable baby boy. These cookies are easy to bring to a gathering, and let's just be clear - everyone likes cookies, right? When the cookie is full of delicious blanched almonds and has notes of vanilla flavour, it's even better.
- Browned Butter. Probably the most important step in this recipe. Browning the butter will enhance the flavor. It will actually give it a nice toasty and nutty aroma. You can do this by heating the butter in a pan until it starts to brown, continually stir it until it's deep in color. But be careful not to burn it. Once you see little brown bits at the bottom, and it start to smell nutty, it's done! To cool, place in the fridge for a few minutes, it still needs to be liquid for this recipe.
- Flour. You can use All Purpose Flour or Gluten Free Flour.
- Almond Flour. You can easily find in most stores nowadays. The almond flour will make these cookies so soft and chewy.
- Vanilla Extract. For that extra aromatic flavor. You can also add Almond Extract.
- Blanched Almond. This is so easy to make!! Just measure the almonds into your bowl. Pour hot/boiling water over the top, and let them sit for a good 30 minutes or up to an hour. Or until the water becomes murky and warm. Gently squeeze the skin off the almonds. They should come off easily. Pat them dry, roughly chop them up and add them to this recipe! Or you can add white chocolate instead! Just as delicious!
More Cookie Recipe To Try
- 2/3 cup Butter, melted and browned
- 2 cup AP Flour or GF Flour
- 2/3 cup Almond Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Blanched Almonds, almonds without the skin
- Preheat oven to 350F. and prepare your sheet pan.
- Brown your butter in a saucepan over medium heat until caramel in color. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all your dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, beat you butter and sugar together for one minutes. Add in your eggs and vanilla and continue to mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Add your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients. Then gently mix in your blanched almonds.
- Scoop out the dough one tablespoon at a time and place 1" apart.
- Bake the cookies for 8-9 minutes.
- Take the cookies out of the oven and immediately bang the cookie sheet on the counter a couple of times. This will deflate the cookies. Let them cook for two minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve and Enjoy!